Babywearing International of Birmingham has a library of baby carriers and babywearing educational materials for members to borrow. The following policies apply:
1. Your Responsibility. You assume the responsibility for safely using all carriers and for inspecting the stitching and fabric on all carriers to satisfy yourself that the carrier is sound and suitable for use with your child, and you assume the risk of using a carrier. Each time you borrow a carrier, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Babywearing International of Birmingham, its leaders and members (the “Releasees”), and Babywearing International, Inc., for any harm that may result to you or your child from the use of the carrier, including any harm allegedly resulting from the Releasees’ instruction or alleged failure to instruct.
2. No Tobacco Smoke. Do not expose a carrier to tobacco smoke or tobacco smoke residue. Do not use a carrier where people are smoking, and do not store a carrier in a place where there is tobacco smoke residue, such as in a car where someone smokes.
3. Duration of Checkout. Checkout is for one month only. If you cannot return the item at the next month’s meeting, please return it to a leader in person or by mail. You can make arrangements to return an item by mail or in person to the leader nearest you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. To return a carrier by mail, please use Priority Mail with delivery confirmation. To purchase and print a Priority Mail label and get free delivery confirmation service conveniently on the internet, go to http://www.usps.com. You will need to know the weight of the package, and you will need to have a credit card for payment.
4. Late Fee. There is a $1 per day late fee for any carrier that is more than a week overdue.
5. One per Month. In general, you may check out one carrier per month. If you would like to check out a second carrier, you may do so at the discretion of the leaders, but only after all other library checkout has been completed at that meeting.
6. Condition on Return. Please return all carriers in such a condition that they are ready for the next person to check out. This means the carrier should be reasonably clean and neatly folded. This does not mean you necessarily have to wash the carrier. If it is not dirty, you do not have to wash it. If it is dirty, please wash it. If a carrier is obviously dirty, or is wadded up and generally not in ready-for-checkout condition, there is a $3 cleaning fee.
7. Cleaning. Never use fabric softener, bleach, or detergents with perfumes when laundering a carrier. Unless otherwise instructed, you may launder all carriers in cold water on the gentle cycle and air dry them. If you have questions about laundering a carrier, contact a leader by email at email@example.com.
8. Harm to Carriers. Please treat the carriers with respect. If you ruin a carrier, you are responsible for paying the actual replacement cost of the carrier, including shipping. Using fabric softener or bleach on a wrap will be considered ruin. The leaders in their sole discretion will determine whether a carrier is ruined.
9. Termination of Privileges. Violation of these policies may result in termination of a member’s borrowing privileges without a refund of dues.